Friday, February 27, 2009

All About Makenna

I decided since Makenna was officially 4 1/2 (well close enough) I would dedicate a post all about her. Makenna is the sweetest, funniest little girl but she can also bring out the attitude at the drop of a hat! You never know what she might say or do. Last week at the doctor she was 46 inches tall. I can't believe how big she is! She still likes to be held/carried every now and then, but I don't think mommy can do it much longer. Her printing skills are really coming along. She tells me she has to do homework and sits down with paper and pencil and writes away. Makenna can write the whole alphabet and count to 25 sometimes 30. She loves, loves, loves her baby brother. She even had to take a picture of him with her to school today so she can look at him whenever she wants (they are in separate buildings). Makenna plays pretty good with him for awhile but then gets mad when he messes up whatever she had planned. She is really good about letting us knew every move he is making and even telling him no when he is in something he shouldn't be. Everyday she comes up with something new she wants to do when she grows up. Yesterday it was a ballerina. And lets not forget doctor and teacher. She loves to snuggle in our bed and sleep there when we will let her. She has become quite the helper around the house. The other night after dinner she was helping throw trash away, put stuff away in the fridge, and clean off the table. I think its time for a chore list! But she hates bedtime. I think she would stay up all night watching TV if we would let her. She has become quite dependent lately on the TV and throws the biggest fit when she isn't allowed to watch, so I am trying really hard to limit it. But winter makes it so hard since she can't get outside. That's another love of hers. Being outside playing or being with her daddy. Everyday she tells me she is ready for summer so she can go out. I can't wait to get out and play with the kids too!


I love this little girl with all my heart and can't imagine life without her. I am so thankful God has blessed us with our baby girl.

Here is a picture of Makenna and I when we were in Florida in the summer of 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's such a cutie! Girls are so much fun! I hope that Jordan and I are blessed with another one! Enjoy her now before all of the hormones hit in the future:)