During yesterday's storms we lost power from about 4 pm until 2:30 am this morning. Let me tell ya..not fun! Makenna just couldn't quite understand why she couldn't watch tv. Matthew was ok until bedtime. We set up the pack n play in our room for him and planned for Makenna to sleep with us. Well Matthew had other ideas. Neither one of the kids liked not having their night lights and Matthew woke up after about 20 mintues in the PNP screaming and wouldn't go back to sleep unless he was in bed w/Makenna and I. So Jeremy ended up sleeping on the floor! I didn't sleep very good for fear of rolling over on him or him rolling off the bed. Thank goodness when I woke up at 2:30 we had power. I hate when the power goes out, especially since that means no water too!
We had such a good weekend. We didn't do anything special, but the kids were so good and we had fun just playing. Saturday the kids, mom and I ran to town for errands and then we played play doh, which Matthew tried to eat. That night we watched HSM2 on TV and ate pizza. Matthew seemed like a completely different kid. Jeremy works on Saturday's until 12 and lately I can't wait for him to get home because Matthew is such a grouch. But ever since his tubes he has been so much better. On Sunday we went to church and then, wait for it............I scrapbooked!!! That was the first time in over a year. Makenna's book was so far behind, but I caught up to Easter of last year, so much better. And poor Matthew doesn't have one started yet. Brooke had asked me to come down and scrap w/her and I am so glad we got too. We have even planned another whole day to scrap again.
I keep bragging on how good Matthew has been but the past 2 nights that was not the case. I think he has just been tired and won't give in. One of the girls at daycare is gone for 2 weeks and she seems to be able to keep him on a good schedule and he is completely off of that right now. He has only slept for 2 hours each day. And he has been getting up at 5 and bedtime is usually 8. I can't imagine that he doesn't need more than that. I don't want to move bedtime up for fear he would be getting up before 5!
Makenna was so excited for her Valentines party today. I had planned to make treats to take, but they moved the party from Friday to today and since we have Awana's on Wed nights, that didn't work out. And plus no power! So Jeremy and I ran to Wal Mart and picked up treats. She couldn't wait to take her High School Musical Valentines today. We wrote them out Tuesday night and she wrote her name on every one. One of the girls told her she was going to throw her valentine out and Makenna started crying on the way home telling me about it. Makenna has a pretty soft heart, so that really upset her. I wish girls were nicer to each other! Yesterday she brought home a paper where she had wrote the whole alphabet, I can't believe how good she is starting to write.
Golf 2021 ⛳️ Freshman
4 years ago



1 comment:
I'm glad Matthew is feeling better! Sounds like tubes do the trick for all the little kids that get them! And I'm glad you got to scrapbook! Maybe we can get together sometime and do it. I always seem to be more creative when I scrapbook with others! Hope you guys have a great Valentines Day!
Post a Comment