Friday, February 6, 2009

We Survived

Matthew did fantastic w/his tubes. I woke him up around 6 and changed his diaper and left him in his jammies and out the door we went. He even slept all the way to the hospital. We got checked in and taken to his room and then waited and waited. We were told that the youngest go first, but we ended up being last. Even though the 2 before were 18 months and 1. He was so good and I had worried so much about him being hungry and he acted like he couldn't care less about eating. About 830 they gave him some Tylenol and something else that pretty well made him look and act drunk. At 9 they came and got him and I must say I did very good. I only teared up a couple of times. It helped that he was a little out of it and didn't scream and cry when he left. We were back in his room around 9:45 and he was eating like crazy then. Matthew slept alot that afternoon and was even in bed at 730. I figured we were in for it at that point and he would be up early but nope he slept till 6. He already seems to be walking and talking better. Mama was coming out nonstop this morning! The only thing he doesn't like is the drops in his ears. I called the doc's office this morning and they assured me they wouldn't be hurting him, that he probably just doesn't like having it done. And could it be...maybe teeth?? He is drooling like crazy and chewing on everything. I pray he gets some soon. One of my friends told me Friday night that her niece was almost 2 before she had any. I don't even want to think about that!! Anyway I am glad that is over and he can get better. Dr. Moss said his left ear was really bad and his right was ok. We had 2 of the best nurses with us that morning and I am so thankful for them. They made everything so much easier!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Your story reminds me so much of Emma's. I love that medicine that makes them "loopy". I told Scott that she was going to be one of those drunks that can't sit still and is annoying to everyone. She was hard to contain laying in the bed. BTW, Emma hated the drops as well, but I don't think anyone likes getting cold liquid placed in their ears. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he did so great! Hopefully this will help!!!

Sheena said...

Im glad everything went well for him! I remember Griffen having his tonsils out...they didn't give him anything before and it was the hardest thing ever handing him over to the nurses and he was screaming NO!!NO!! Hopefully this will help! Are you guys still doing gymnastics?