Friday, January 30, 2009

Tubes it is

Yesterday we had the follow up appointment with Dr. Ruff for Matthew's ears. He took one look at the left one and quickly informed me he would be getting tubes. We have a consult with Dr Moss on Monday. They gave me two choices for docs, but since I don't know anything about either one, we went for the one that could get him in the quickest. I don't like to think about him getting put out, but after 2 months of a constant infection I know it is the best option. Now that I know we are doing it, I hope to have it done as quick as we can. He has been in pain for 2 months and I don't want it to go on any longer than we have to. No wonder he has been such a grump. We hope to have our sweet baby boy back after all this. Poor guy has been thru so much in his 10 months, well even before that. The nurse said something about him last night and I told her he has been quite the challenge since I was 20 weeks pregnant. And then he has had colic, hand foot mouth disease, bronchitis, ear infections, and now he has a cold in his eye. I hope the next 10 months go a little smoother! Say a prayer for Matthew that we can get the tubes done quickly and without problems and get him healthy again!

2 comments:

The Canups said...

Amber
I will say a prayer for Matthew, poor little guy. Jenny's little girl had to get tubes put in her ears before Christmas and is doing great now. I am sure it will make a huge difference in his mood.

Jamie said...

Emma had tubes put in her ears when she was 2 and has not had an ear infection since. It is an easy recovery and he will be back to normal in no time. I will be praying for him. Let me know when he is scheduled to have the procedure done.