Friday, January 23, 2009

Poor baby boy

Illness has once again stuck the Lashley household. When Jeremy picked Matthew up on Wed, he was wheezing and pretty congested so he called the ped. and they said to go ahead and bring him. Turns out he has bronchitis. Luckily the RSV test came back negative. So he is on breathing treatments, steroids, and still the antibiotic from the ear infection. I hate having sick babies! We went thru all this with Makenna for awhile, seemed every time we turned around she had bronchitis or something that required breathing treatments. Looks like baby brother is going to be the same way. Jeremy tends to be this way so they must get it from him. Matthew is looking kind of rough right now too. He fell sometime and has a bruise on this forehead and then at daycare on his not so steady feet, he hit the baby gate with his nose and has a scratch and bruise on the bridge of his nose. Then again last night he hit the other side of his head. At least this one didn't leave a mark. Not that I want my kids to get hurt, but right after he did it he started to cry and goes, mama. Such a sweet sound to hear!!

Yesterday at daycare Makenna made the cutest little gingerbread cookie. Nanny let all the kids decorate them and Makenna couldn't wait to show it off. I took a picture of her with it last night, but I can't upload pics right now. She was such a good girl last night. Not that she is normally bad, but she has trouble listening. Everything we asked her to do last night, she did and there was no talking back and throwing fits. At the end of the night I gave Makenna a little $$ to buy whatever she wants and told her how proud we were of her. I always try to make sure I tell her I am proud of her, but I am hoping the bribery helps too!

2 comments:

Laura Raber said...

So sorry your little one is sick! Hope he's better soon! You "sound" great! Love reading your updates!

Jamie said...

I hope Matthew gets better soon. I hate the winter season. It is so hard on the little ones.