Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas, New Year's, & taking steps!!!

I guess I should start with Christmas. We started our many Christmas' the weekend before with my dad and stepmom. Christmas Eve we spent at Jeremy's grandma's and Christmas day was crazy! We opened presents from Santa at home in the morning. Makenna got up at 7 and let us know that Santa had ate all his cookies and drank most of his milk. She was so excited that we had to wake Matthew up so we could open gifts. After opening and getting ready we headed to Jeremy's parents to open presents. We couldn't stay long their since we had lunch with my mom and we were going to see his parents later. Lunch at mom's was very nice but so very different from when I was little. My mom has 6 brothers so there has always been tons of family around on the holidays but every since my grandpa passed away, we don't get together like we used to. I miss seeing everyone but I know how busy everyone gets. I just hate that Makenna & Matthew won't get to experience that. Anyway we had lots of food and then opened presents, then Matthew and I decided it was nap time. Later that night we went to Jeremy's aunt & uncles for dinner. The food looked so good, but I couldn't hardly eat a thing. We did find out that his cousin got engaged, Congrats April!!!! We are so blessed by our families and received so many nice gifts, Thank you!!!!

New Year's we spent at home with friends and their families. We had a good time playing the Wii and eating more food! It feels like I have gained 10lbs since Thanksgiving. Matthew made it until about 10:30 or so and then slept until 9 the next morning!!! Makenna had a blast playing with Haley, Addison and Katie. It's always so nice not to be the only source of entertainment for her, I know mom gets boring!

This past Saturday my best friend Brooke and her 2 kids, Lexi & Quinn came to visit. The kids exchanged their gifts, Makenna got HSM2 Movie and now constantly wants to watch it (Thanks Brooke!!!). The girls then took off playing and dragging every toy we have out, but that's ok it gives Brooke and I time to catch up. I keep waiting for our boys to start playing together since they are only 2 weeks apart, but so far they just check each other out. Hopefully as they get older they will be like Lexi & Makenna are.

Exciting Matthew updates.....Saturday night he took 3 steps!! He was stading at the couch and I held my arms out to him and said come here and off he took. He has taken a few here and there but mostly when he is still pretty close to something to grab on to but this was out in the open. I can't believe my baby could be really walking soon. Now the not so exciting news...another ear infection. New Years Eve Jeremy took him to the walk in clinic and his left ear is infected again. We he had his last one and went back for his recheck Dr R said there was still so fluid but it was clear and should go away on it's own. I guess it didn't. We are on antibiotics again and go to Dr R next week. I hope we can finally get this to go away, he has been such a grouch! He constantly wants to be held and doesn't want us out of his sight either. Trying to take him to the nursery didn't work so well at church Sunday, but thank goodness he did ok Monday at daycare. I can't handle when they cry when I leave, talk about some serious mommy guilt.

Guess that's all for now, I am sure I left out lots but that's what I get for waiting for 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ihope Matthew gets to feeling better! It's heartbreaking when they feel that bad! Sounds like you guys had a great xmas!!!!