Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Jubilee

Last night I helped out at church for the Christmas Jubilee. I was a host for a family that had 5 kids to get gifts for (it was actually grandparents getting for their grandkids). I think we had a total of 29 families at Antioch this year. This was my first year helping and I wasn't sure what to expect but everything went well. We try to teach our kids that Christmas isn't just about getting gifts, so it was good to be able to actually do something to try to help someone else.
Jeremy had gone Sunday night with me to help set up, so he was at home with the kids last night. We even managed to go eat at Mi Pueblo alone since we were done in a hour and my in laws had the kids. They were not busy and only one other couple was in the room with us, so it was a very nice, quiet and calm meal. Everything was good at home too when I got back, they we all in bed! I wasn't sure how things would be since Matthew has been very fussy lately (not sure if it is still his ear or maybe..teeth) and both kids needed a bath. But as always Jeremy was the great dad he is!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Glad to hear the Christmas Jubilee went well. Enjoy your Christmas if I don't run into you before then.