Friday night my dad & stepmom came down to visit us. We had dinner w/them Friday night and then they came over on Saturday morning. They brought the kids their Easter baskets and then hid some eggs for them. Once Jeremy got home from work, they headed back home and we went to the Ruritan for an Easter Egg hunt. Both kids did great and Makenna ended up with a whole bucket full! Matthew did really well also, and managed all on his own to pick up quite a few. That afternoon we went home and played outside and started putting the trampoline back up. It wasn't really that warm so I didn't think anything about putting sunscreen on, but I guess I should have. At least for Matthew. His little checks were pretty red that night and I found out Sunday morning that the top of my head got burnt. Saturday night we headed to Vincennes in search of new tennis shoes for Makenna and to get lumber for the basement walls. We didn't find any tennis shoes but Makenna did get some new sandals and Matthew got the cutest pair of Airwalk brown shoes. Ok so who really pays $30-$40 for a 4 year old's tennis shoes? I can't see paying that much, especially since she may get to wear them for 6 months or less. So I am cheap, sue me!
Sunday morning, Makenna got up bright and early and couldn't wait to tear into her Easter Basket. I wasn't about to get Matthew up at 630 to have them both open them together, so she went ahead without him. I should mention he only napped about 45 mintues all day Saturday and didn't go to bed until 9 or so. Makenna loved her HSM 1 DVD and the new nail polish, and flowers for her nails and of course the candy! When Matthew got up he kind of checked his out, but all he really wanted to do was shake the eggs with jelly beans in them.
Then we headed to church, which was so completely packed that I didn't think everyone would fit! After church we went to have lunch with my mom and grandma. Mom had baskets for the kids too, so we went to her house for a little while. We headed home in the hopes of being able to go outside and play, but it was so windy that we only were out long enough to have our own egg hunt. This time Matthew couldn't have cared less this time. Jeremy and Makenna did go mushroom hunting and found 3 while Matthew and I napped.
Can't believe I forgot, Makenna lost another tooth Friday night! She is growing up way to fast for me!
And I am trying to decide which pictures to order of Matthew. We got some taken a few weeks ago and I can't decide. He is just too stinkin cute! Here is the link if you want to take a look.
http://stacylowry.smugmug.com/gallery/7835378_mmotB#507667568_FSEaG
Golf 2021 ⛳️ Freshman
4 years ago



3 comments:
I love the pic's matthew did wonderful!!
It's always nice to know someone else went through the same thing! God is good!
Hi! I just came across your blog today from leah's! Wow, Makenna is losing teeth already?! They are growing up TOO fast! Can you believe this time next year, we will be preparing our girls for kindergarten?! BTW, we went back to gymnastics and the girls are loving it!
Post a Comment