Thursday, November 20, 2008

Catching Up

Where to start..I haven't been very good about keeping this up lately but here goes.

Makenna new thing is going to Awana's on Wednesday nights. She loves it!!! I am amazed at how much she has learned in a few short weeks. She told me this morning how much she likes it and is always asking if that day is the day to go. And it doesn't hurt any that one of her best buds from daycare, Dylan, is there. On Wednesday nights you should see the two of them running up to each other like it has been days instead of hours since they saw each other ( I don't know how she is going to make it thru Christmas Break). Makenna is such a wonderful big sister. I couldn't have asked for her to be any better. She is always wanting to play with him or get him up from his nap and she is anxiously awaiting Matthew to say her name. I have tried to explain to her that hers is a hard one and it will be awhile.

Matthew is into everything now! A few weeks ago he began crawling on his hands and knees instead of his army crawl. And within a few days of that he was pulling up. He pulls up to everything now, even the stove which didn't work so well for him last night when there was nothing to hold on to and he fell and hit his head. This morning I went in to find him standing up in his crib so I think it is time for Daddy to lower his bed again. Last Friday night he had pulled up to the couch and took a few steps holding on. He gets braver every day! I had always heard that boys do things later but not him! He has done everything earlier than Makenna did. She didn't crawl until 8 1/2 months but he was at 7. I think he is just trying to keep up with her. Matthew still doesn't have any teeth though. I keep waiting and waiting but nothing yet. Makenna did have teeth early. By the time she was a year she had all even her 1 year molars. I know Matthew wants to eat table food but there is not much I can give him. But of course I am the paranoid mother that fears he is going to choke on everything. So far he has had some mashed potatoes and the puff things.

Deer season came in last Saturday and Jeremy and his dad and brother went. Jeremy got a doe Sunday morning and then a 9 point buck Sunday night. I always like it when he gets them early. This weekend we are going to go Christmas shopping. I think I can go to Toys R Us and get the kids done in no time.

I look forward to next week and Thanksgiving. We have already had 2 Thanksgiving's and we have 2 more on Thursday. But I am only working 3 days next week, yeah! Four days off with the kids will be nice, but I may be ready to pull my hair out! I am going to try to get my Christmas tree up which will be interesting I'm sure. Makenna never bothered our tree but I think Matthew we be pulling it over on him if I let him!

I have a prayer request...Please pray for my grandma. She went into the hospital on Sunday with a bladder and kidney infection and has since found out she has lung cancer and she had a stroke yesterday morning. They are not able to treat the cancer right now since she needs to recover more from the stroke before they can begin to do something about it. Thanks!

No comments: