Thursday, August 28, 2008

Let the craziness begin....

So this weekend begins the craziness until the weekend of Oct 18. We have something going on every weekend until then, sometimes multiple things. Tonight we have pictures for our church directory and this weekend is Makenna's birthday party and the kids are both being dedicated at church on Sunday.

After I finally got her to go to bed last night, I wrapped her birthday presents. It didn't look like much once it was wrapped, but I try to get her things I think she will love. I don't want to buy stuff just for the sake of having stuff for her to open. She is very good about not asking for things so I hope she is learning that she doesn't have to have everything. Even when we go to Wal-Mart she might look at toys but doesn't ask for us to buy her anything, besides gum!

I received an email yesterday updating me on a friend from high school. She is my age, 28, and had a stroke about a month or so ago. From the email it sounded like she is making a lot of improvements and may get to go home soon! She has to have surgery in a few weeks so please pray for her and her family.

No comments: